So much for those great christian values, eh? Dr. Jillian Weiss of the Transgender Workplace Diversity Blog and of my homestate of New Jersey is under fire from a right wing christian hate group that likes to claim it follows 'traditional family values'.
Now, I know that the "Traditional Values Coalition" doesn't like being called out on their behavior, but noone likes the truth when it hurts. If you want to prove me wrong that you aren't a bunch of hate mongering bigots, please feel free to.
On a side note, based on what i've been reading from the GOP, Tea Party, and religious fundies lately, here's a list of the evils that the Liberals want to push on children:
- Accurate history of the United States (Apparently, Thomas Jefferson isn't an important historical figure)
- Separation of church and state (no, the US is not a christian nation, no matter how much you may scream and cry otherwise)
- Medical coverage for everyone (can't have the 'stray animals' disrupting the GOP agenda)
- Abiding by international law (kidnapping children and taking them across international borders is Not A Good Idea(tm))
- Racism and segregation is bad (Nothing says Tea Party quite like screaming racist remarks at members of congress)